This month, we will consider Formative #literacies Research and Design.
On Thursday (4/3) 8 PM EST:
- What is the role/purpose of research in education? What should educational research aim to do?
- How should research inform practice? How should practice inform research?
- What does “rigor” in educational research mean?
- What are the factors that influence methodological decisions?
- What are the specific affordances/limitations of designed-based research?
On Tuesday (4/8) 8 PM EST join us for the LRA Research to Practice Show:
The show is available via Google Hangouts-on-Air. This broadcasts the show live, which means you can watch the show live while it is happening…and ask questions. To get involved in the show, you can view (and ask questions) here. You can also watch it on YouTube after the show has completed, and share with teachers, students, and other educational partners that you believe would be interested in the topics, or the series.
On Thursday (4/17) 8 PM EST follow-up #literacies chat:
Join us on Twitter as we continue this conversation via our #literacies chat!
What is the relationship between professional development and research?
What are the biggest challenges facing educational researchers?
What is the future potential of new research methodologies, such as design-based research?
What is the most valuable lesson you have learned as an educational researcher?
If you are new to #literacies chat, more info on how to get involved is available here.