- What is the relationship between young adults’ in-school and out-of-school writing practices? Are these separate? Does one inform the other? Should teachers see these practices on continuum?
- What are the experiences of students whose writing practices traverse spatial and digital borders?
- What instructional practices allow educators to create dynamic and responsive approaches for engaging youth in writing?
- As more emphasis has been placed on informative writing, what advice do you have for teachers about continuing to include narrative writing in the curriculum?
- In what ways should teachers motivate and encourage students who view themselves as “struggling” writers?
The show is available via Google Hangouts-on-Air. This broadcasts the show live, which means you can watch the show live while it is happening…and ask questions. To get involved in the show, you can view (and ask questions) here. You can also watch it on YouTube after the show has completed, and share with teachers, students, and other educational partners that you believe would be interested in the topics, or the series.
On Thursday (8/21) 8 PM EST follow-up #literacies chat!